Wednesday, 12 August 2015

The Salem Witch Society | Review

The Salem witch Society was an impulse buy at the supermarket helped along by the cheap price. Though I never expected to be such an enjoyable read.

The twists and turns were spectacular and I never knew what was going to happen next, or who the killer was. Though some descriptions were too long and seemed to drone on a little.

The research must have been painstaking, especially with the use of transcripts. Though it was all worthwhile in the end.

It seems to me that Percival Grey was much like Sherlock Holmes. The relationship between Lean and Grey was like Holmes and Watson in the franchise. This made me more interested in finding the killer as I have previously enjoyed Sherlock Holmes. Though the name Percival Grey does make be think of 50 Shade Of Grey and that the book could have taken a completely different turn.

All in all it's a very intriguing story, keeping me gripped throughout. It was easy to read but was still a complex story that was well written. Percival, Archie and Helen were all wonderful characters and I can't wait to start the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment