I have to admit, that even though I'd heard this book was really good, I was expecting the young adults novel about cancer to be a very bleak read, but until the end the author has you in reasonably high spirits.This is a book with a group of characters that you'll come to love (Hazel and Augustus). They are fantastically lovable characters who flit the conversation between the meaning of life and finding refuge in video games and TV shows.
Though, this book is more than that. It's about coming to terms with your life being insignificant to many (apart from family and friends).It's about the impact that terminal diseases have on the family and friends of those left behind. Also it's about teenagers growing up, learning to take responsibility and defining themselves for who they are, not for what disease they may have.
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings." From a Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, if wondering about the title. This book is thought provoking and sometimes rather sad, but overall a good read and is highly recommended.
No comments:
Post a Comment