When I saw this book on booktube, I thought, I have to read this book and have been looking forward to reading it since I bought it. All I can say is that it didn't disappoint.The book is a collection of letters to likes of Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse and Amelia Earheart as she travels along high school making friends, finding and losing love and coming to terms with life without May and how she died.
Laurel’s journey is, if I'm honest, very sad. It’s emotional and really tugs on your heart. The emotions that poured out of me while reading her story were unbelievable, because I was feeling so many different things all at once: sad, confused, happy, hopeful and so many more. My heart just broke for poor Laurel.
This is a superb book that is very clearly influenced by Perks of Being A Wallflower in a way that is noticeable but isn't irritating or a direct updated copy. The format of letter-writing for the plot is rather clever and takes the pressure off the reader as being the sole-bearer of all Laurel's woes.
Emotional, painful but surprisingly enjoyable, Love Letters to the Dead is a beautifully written story that deals grief, hope and first love. I can recommend this book to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment