Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire | Review

Part 1: I apologize for this being in parts. As you may know this book was very long and it helped me to write a review in the two parts.
This book has been as good as the first three. As I expected, the book was very different to the movie. Though both are pretty amazing.
I immensely enjoyed reading about the twins (Fred & George). I find them both very amusing and fascinating as they are always up to no good and usually get caught.
I especially enjoyed reading about the world cup and think it was very well written. I also pity the house elf that was accused of conjuring the dark mark.
Reading about the Tri-wizard tournament was an excellent read so far. Also the dialogue was very good thoughout the book so far, especially when the students were chosen for the tournament. The wands being tested was also and interesting read and reading about the dragons was fascinating.
I enjoyed reading about the house elves in the kitchen. I enjoyed the descriptions of Dobby and Winky and that Dumbledore gave them jobs. The dialogue between the elves and the students was very good. Also I liked how the elves continually offered to give the students tea.
The second task was also a very good read.I was a very enjoyeable part of the book. My favourate part of reading that part was Dobby giving Harry the Gillyweed. In the movie, this is very different. I also like reading about Krum being unable to fully transform into a shark for the task. I found it amusing.
I have taken a massive dislike to Rita Skeeter though. She is even more manipulative than I thought. She seems to twist words even more than muggle journalists. So far I do wonder about how she found out about hagrid being half giant and Krum inviting Hermione to Bulgaria. (Even though she's meant to banned from the grounds)

Part 2
I enjoyed reading the rest of this book immensely. It was spectacularly written and very well layed out.
The maze scene was especially well written. It was very different from the movie, but the quality exceptional and i found that pleasantly surprising.
It was very interesting reading about the death eaters. There are several you wouldn't expect though. It was very interesting to know that Karkaroff would be cowardly enough to run away from Voldermort.
Soon after the tournament Harry wouldn't speak of the events that occured in the maze. I sympathize with Harry after the tournament. Though I do wish that Harry and Ginny's relationship could have developed in this novel as that would have been a fascinating read.
This book is phenomenal. The book is very well written and layed out. It's quality is as good as the first three and can't wait to read the next book. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who comes across the author or series.

No comments:

Post a Comment