Wednesday, 29 July 2020

The Diamond Girls - Jacqueline Wilson | Review

Well, this one was absolutely something. By God it was traumatic. There is child abuse, teen pregnancy and nutty parents. The book encourages teen pregnancy and following in your parent's footsteps and making their mistakes (not that teen pregnancy is always a devastating thing, but it's not ideal).

I know Jaqueline Wilson is known for her controversial topics, but with this book which is meant for younger readers, she hasn't managed it with much grace at all. I don't think that most 9-year-olds are mature enough or able to understand and know that some topics in the book aren't ok or the norm. If this book was marketed to teenagers then it could be done much better, but within this book, it's not done to a high standard at all.

If you have 9 or 10-year old please be aware of the topics of the book being more teen-related and not very child friendly as you'll know what your child is capable of dealing with within a book.

I could only give this 2 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment