My top 3 most read authors as I'm writing this:
- Bella Forrest - 91 books (I know, WOW!)
- Robert Kirkman - 47 single issue comics (The Walking Dead)
- Lemoney Snicket - 13 (A Series Of Unfortunate Events)
My Favourite Authors:
So carrying on with the theme of authors, I made a separate list of my favourite authors and came up with 7. There were 5 women (51%) and 2 men (28%) on my list.
- Ruth Ware
- C.J Tudor
- Ruth Hogan
- Gill Sims
- Shari Lapena
- Lee Child
- Dan Brown
Ruth Ware. She is a thriller writer and I've read all of her published works as of writing this journal entry. She's perfected her craft over her previous books and her first book is what sparked my imagination with her writing and stories.
My favourite of her books that I've read is The Death Of Mrs Westaway. The main character is the most relatable person in the world to be, even though she thinks she's doing something that is illegal, you can completely see how desperate she is throughout the book. Although I did figure out part of the twist in the book, it didn't take away from the book at all and was surprised at the rest of the book and the extra twist nearer the end of the book. I can honestly say this is the only book where I've genuinely been scared for a character in a book.
So, for the next author. Ruth Hogan, all I can say is that she's a genius. She knows how to write a character-driven book that is as interesting as any plot-driven book. The Keeper Of Lost Things is what got me hooked, but it was her next 2 books that stand out the most.
The Wisdom Of Sally Red Shoes is a book that really gets you (if you struggle with the trauma of losing a child, this book may not be for you as It will likely be distressing). It's about grief and learning to cope with it. You can understand and feel for both ladies in this book (duel perspective) and I think this book was very well done and my heart was broken for both characters.
Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel is also a fantastic book. It has themes of a family falling apart and also has two perspectives, though my favourite was of the daughters. I loved the innocents she brings to the story, her misunderstanding of the things going on around her and both her ignorance, love a fascination with Queenie
Malone.
My last author is Dan Brown. I love his books and have read all of them so far. They're very quick, entertaining and very easy to follow. My favourites are The Davinci Code and Inferno, while my least favourite is The Lost Symbol.
The Davinci Code is my favourite because it challenges religion is such an interesting and entertaining way that I love. It makes Christianity easy to understand and is fast-paced enough that you can get through it in less than a week,
Inferno is also fantastic, without giving anything away here, the ending is utterly jaw-dropping and I can't recommend it enough.
In regards to The Lost Symbol, nothing much happens and is very disappointing compared to the rest of the books. That's why I think they missed it out of the movies franchise and skipped straight to Inferno.
So here is a list of the authors I didn't talk about today so that I know who to write about next and to remind me to actually write about them.
- C.J Tudor
- Lee Child
- Gill Sims
- Shari Lapena.



No comments:
Post a Comment