Sunday, 19 July 2020

Most Read Authors | Part 2

Used my reminder while flicking through my journal to finish off a previous journal entry about my most read/favourite authors. Here goes:
  • C.J Tudor - I've only read two of her I believe four books. I have one of the unread ones on my phone, but I think I need the actual copy to encourage me to read it, to be honest. My favourite of her work was The Chalkman, giving it four stars on Goodreads, It has two timelines between a group of four/five boys. It was their present and past after a girl dies and we finally discover with them what really happened to a young girl.
  • Gill Sims - I love her Why Mummy Drinks Series. She's got another one coming out later this year and I can't wait to pick it up. They're all hysterical and document the struggles of bringing up children, married life and then some. You can't help but laugh, be frustrated with her and feel what she's going through as a very busy working mother trying to keep it all together.
  • Lee Child - He's one of those authors that knows how to do a fast-paced thriller very well, even though I've only read five of his books. My favourite was The Visitor, the pacing was fantastic and I was on the edge of my seat throughout, I can't wait for the next one in the series.
  • Shari Lapena - My favourite of her books Is An Unwanted Guest. It surprised me and I loved the twist ending. It was a very good thriller like an Agatha Christie thriller but something I'm more interested in devouring. I can't wait to read her next book.
Currently reading - Harry Potter And The Order Of The Pheonix
This one will take a while to get through as it's a pretty long book, but also my least favourite in the series. As much as I can understand Harry's attitude I find him very irritating and want to slap some reason into him sometimes throughout this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment