Wednesday, 22 April 2020

10 Year Book Tag


  • What was your favourite book in 2009?
Holes by Louis Sacher. I read this at school when I was 14 years old and remember the book and movie.
  • What's your favourite book in 2019?
I Am, I Am, I Am by Maggie O' Farrell. This book shook me last year and it wasn't even a 5-star book, but it lingered with me and I still sometimes think about it in this new decade.
  • What was your least favourite book of 2009?
A Midsummer Nights Dream by William Shakespeare. It's not that I didn't enjoy my experience with this book, but I remember being confused and I now don't remember much about it.
  • What was your least favourite book of 2019?
Come Rain Or Shine by Kazuo Ishiguro. I never did understand this short story, the characters weren't pleasant and shouldn't have known each other.
  • What is a book published in 2009 that you still want to read?
I searched up 2009 books and although I've heard many of the popular releases, I don't want to read any of them and read none of them at the time. Most were out of my reading age and interest anyway.
  • What was a book published you want to read before the end of 2019?
When I'm typing this, It's currently April 2020. So to answer your question slightly differently, I would love to start a series by Bella Forrest called, The Girl Who Dared To Think.
  • What is a genre you used to read a lot of, but don't read much of anymore?
As a teenager, I used to read more young adult books than I do now. I still think that YA is valuable to readers, but as a 25-year-old it usually isn't my thing anymore. I read fewer than 10 YA books a year now.
  • What was a new genre you discovered after 2009?
I've discovered that I love thrillers, though you have to sift through some rubbish occasionally. I love Ruth Ware, Emma Healey, C J Tudor and Lee Child the most.
  • What reading habit or book habit you want to create during the upcoming decade?
As always I would love to use the library more, it's something I always try to improve upon every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment