Wednesday, 6 May 2020

April Wrap Up 2020


  • Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire (5 stars*)
I used the audiobook for this as well reading alongside occasionally with this book, and as always I enjoyed it massively. Stephen Fry's narration is the best one out there. 
  • The Children Act - Ian Mcewan (3 stars*)
I didn't think too much of this book.
I found the relationship between the husband and wife to be frustrating and very boring, as well as there being excessive amounts of slow points to the book. There were stories in here to try and help with the understanding and seriousness of her work as a family high court judge, but I don't think they all made an impact and some weren't necessary at all. Once the main plot started, I was more interested but was bored by the intervals of boring information about other cases being dumped in.
  • The Pale Dreamer - Samantha Shannon (4 stars*)
This novella was a good instalment to the Bone Season series and although it's a prequel, I think should be read between the first and second book. By doing this you'll not be confused but will get more information about the world and characters before the main events of the book. 
  • A Shade Of Vampire: A Bringer Of Night - Bella Forrest (3 stars*)
I overall did enjoy this book, but with some perspectives, I was struggling to follow along, simply because of so many people in one perspective and so much going on. I think wit the usual characters and hierarchy of another planet, it can get a little confusing sometimes, and with this one, it took away from the book a little bit.


  • The Walking Dead Issue 44- Robert Kirkman (4 stars*)
A good instalment in the series and read this online. Full of action and look forward to the next issue.


  • The Walking Dead 45 - Robert Kirkman (4 stars*)
Yet another good instalment to the series and just as good as the previous one and very quick to read.

  • The Walking Dead 46 - Robert Kirkman (4 stars *)
Much more gruesome than the previous two as the group must decide between one man and the entire team. Just as enjoyable as the previous two issues.

* Star rating out of 5. 1 being awful and 5 being amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment