I found the start to be promising in this short story, but midway through It went exceptionally downhill. It quickly became my least favourite book of the year.
I liked Ray the protagonist, though I sometimes found him a little stupid about halfway through. I didn't like Emily or her husband in this at all, they were assholes to Ray throughout the book. Her husband wanted Ray to look useless and unable to care for himself properly in front of Emily to big himself up to save his own marriage. Ray complied with this and made himself look lazy and doing terrible in life when in fact he isn't and is doing reasonably well in life. I don't know how they're friends in the book and didn't find it very realistic.
- Priory Of The Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon (2 stars on Goodreads)
I found Ead the most relatable and realistic character in the book. I can't remember the names of any other characters, including the queen she's meant to guard. The rest of the characters were two dimensional and easily forgotten.


No comments:
Post a Comment