Saturday, 30 May 2015

A Game Of Thrones | Review

I liked the Idea of the story in this book and think there is a hell of a lot of potential, but unfortunately I didn't really enjoy the book too much. I found the the story to be very difficult you get into, and find it gets slow a lot and often a bit boring. Some part were interesting, but unfortunately for the most part not so much.

The writing at the start makes it extremely difficult to get into, though you eventually get used to the writing as you get into the book and get accustomed to certain characters. I didn't mind the dialogue too much and found it to be the most interesting part of the book in some chapters.

I think some of the writing is basic depending which chapters you are reading and complex with others. I just wish it was a better mix of the two. I think the writing could have been better to make the book less confusing, easier to read and get me through it a lot quicker.

When I started the book, the characters are very confusing and that there is too many (8 In total), I know it doesn't seem a lot, but when you first start it’s confusing and frustrating as you try and figure out and remember who is who.

I found that Bran, Jon and Arya are my favourite characters in the book. I find Arya relate-able as she doesn't stay within the social norms as a young lady. Jon is a very nice young man for the most part during the book despite his circumstances. Bran is an adorable and one of the more innocent characters in the book.

All in all I found this book to be so-so, giving it two stars, only because my favourite character earned it an extra star. I don’t plan to read anything else by the author as I didn't find this to be very enjoyable and can’t recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment