Friday, 29 May 2015

The Secret Scripture | Review

This book has a great concept, but wish I had enjoyed it a little more.

When I started reading this book, I thought OK this might be good, but found it to be rather slow. If quickened slightly it would've kept my attention better and shortened the book by 25-50 pages.

I also found this book to be rather predictable. I figured out what the major plot twist/surprise ending was going to be half way through the book. I was slightly disappointing because it took away from the end of the book.

I enjoyed reading what the psychiatrist had to say in his notes. It was interesting to see how his character managed with a personal loss as well as dealing with Roseanne and the hospital closure.

As interesting and shocking as Roseanne's past was, I wish it was written differently. To me it seemed a little slow or poetic in some parts. I would have thought her memoir section would have been better as the book is mostly based upon her life.

Overall this book was just OK it could have been a little better with pacing and predictability. This caused me to remove two stars from the rating, giving it three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment