Thursday, 21 May 2015

The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivy | Review

I have to say that i was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this book. I know not to judge a book by it's cover but the cover was enchanting and reflects the quality of the text.

In some parts of the book it was a bit slow but the quality of writing was still brilliant.Maybe Eowyn Ivey should have tried a slightly quicker plot, but at the same time try to keep the quality of the writing.

The descriptions in the book were amazing especially on page 8 were I found the description spectacular. 'The sun was setting down the river, casting a cold pink hue along the white-capped mountains that framed both sides of the valley...' The rest of that paragraph is amazing.

Overall it is a great novel with amazing descriptive pieces, topped off with a fantastic cover. Eowyn Ivey did a great job and would definitely recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment