"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others". Although about political suppression, it also makes me think of slavery.This book is about the animals of Manor Farm (AKA Animal Farm), who are sick of the humans treating them like trash and overworking them. As consequence, a revolution occurred and the animals overthrew the owner of the farm. This book is about the aftermath of all of this.
The story was great, it was very interesting and it was very interesting to see things to go full circle. The animals who end up oppressed by humans get oppressed by the pigs and they end up being indistinguishable from the humans. It also shows communism working.
The writing is great, it's short, quick and very easy to read. It isn't too complex so that you can understand it fully, to make you understand the plot more in-depth.
I loved most of the characters, the pigs and humans grow to be one in the same and I hated both by the end. They end up as greedy as the humans so there is no difference between the two. By the end they become one, mimicking Stalin and Hitler who were corrupt and used their own people for their own gain.
I found this to be a great read and is a great look into communism and totalitarian regimes. I gave this four stars on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment