Rachel takes the same train every day. She feels she knows the people she travels past every morning at the stop sign. Until the day it all goes horribly wrong.The plot was good and the pacing was steady. There was a tonne of twists that I didn't see coming and I found it interesting throughout.
The dialogue was helpful throughout the book and helped it be as good as it possibly could be and made me realise how desperate the characters actually are.
I loved Rachel, she was the best unreliable narrator I've ever read. I couldn't help but root for her throughout. Yes, she made stupid decisions, but if she didn't the book or her character wouldn't be the same right?
I understood rather than like some of the other characters in this one, such as the therapist and her ex-husband's current wife, whom I did like by the end.
Overall I enjoyed the book, but the hype let it down. Not to say the book was bad, but there was far too much hype and don't let that put your hopes up or you will be disappointed. I gave this 3 stars on
Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment