Eve, she is the first girl born in 50 years. When she turns 16 she must decide between love and the future of the human race.I loved the story and the concept grabbed my attention immediately. I liked the pacing a lot, it wasn't too fast or slow, I think mainly because It's part of a trilogy and it can take a little more time to get through the plot than a standalone. It was very quick and easy to read, it was very easy to get into and when I was reading it never wanted to put it down.
I found it very easy to read, but with the dialogue don't have a lot to say. The dialogue works well with the book and pushes the plot and helps a lot, but don't have much of an opinion of it. I also loved the reference that the authors made in the letters to Eve in regards to her mother ( calling her mummer), as It represents the author's real lives with their children.
I loved Eve and Bram. I feel they both had some relatable aspects in the book. Bram had a broken down and crappy relationship with his father, which I think some people can understand. Whilst Eve felt very trapped and angry which, I also think other teenagers could also relate to. I also think Eve is a little like Tris from Divergent, as she is the only one of her kind.
They both had to make rushed and/or irrational decisions sometimes in the book, which teens do, but I also think it pushes things along a little and gave them the information they both needed. For example, Bram knows about the frozen women and Eve's father is alive, but she doesn't). As the series goes on I hope she will find out some of these things.
I liked some of Eves Carers in the book, who are called mothers but also hated Viviane who was heartless and cold. I loved that Vivianne's schemes where all getting screwed up by Eve and Bram so much. I also thought Holly was interesting, although not a real person I found it interesting that Eve could tell them apart by their eyes and when Bram was controlling her.
I can highly recommend and gave this 5 stars on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment