Monday, 23 July 2018

Carve The Mark | review

Well, what can I say? I wasn't a massive fan of this, to be honest, I can't even remember half of it now that I think about it, which is not a good sign. Apparently, though there was controversy saying there was racism in here, I didn't see any.

There are things I liked about the book. I liked the ships, they are my kind of fantasy thing and loved the description of the interior of them. I also think Cyra's gift was pretty crappy, feeling constant pain is nasty. I also liked the part about tattoos/marks about remembering those who you've killed or lost. Some of it reminded me of a book called Ink, where they get tattoos when they, make achievements.

Though I did get confused throughout the book and thought it was me not listening to the audiobook properly, when reading other peoples reviews, they also seemed confused. I was listening properly at least.

I am undecided as to whether to give this 2 or 3 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment