Jack Reacher is an ex-major in the military and military police. He has nowhere to go and of all the places he could go and al the time in the world. he ended up in Mothers Rest, a perfect one-day stopover. Though he, of course, ends up neck deep in the dark web and right in the heart of darkness.Overall the book was good, but there was a lot of repeating of the same known facts at the start of the book, which I found irritating. As much as I understood that at the beginning, they may not have had much info, I was a little irritated. I was also confused between 300 and 350 pages and got a little lost for a little bit, I don't know if it was the book or me not taking enough notice, but after a chapter or 2, I was fine.
The writing was pretty basic, but for most of the book, it was just about good enough. The conversations weren't always realistic, but there was one on page 163 that I enjoyed about one of the characters forenames.
There wasn't much description of the main characters in this book. For Jack, I understand as he has been in 20 previous books in the series, but for Chang, I don't. All I can gather is that she may be Asain, going by her surname first and JAcks description of her hair, saying that it's like ink when wet.
There was one character that I think could have at least had a name. Throughout the book all, he was known as was the man with the ironed jeans and blow-dried hair. Given that he had a name IT would've saved the author efforts of typing this out so much and the reader efforts into reading it over and over.
Overall I did enjoy the book but it needs improvement.
No comments:
Post a Comment