Thursday, 18 February 2016

Ready Player One | Review

For most of the first half of this book, I was unimpressed. The writing was flat, and the story was unremarkable. I wasn't even slightly impressed until halfway through when the plot and pace began to speed up. Up to that point it was an absolute waste of time. 

There is a "relationship" in this book that I didn't find to be particularly necessary, especially since it didn't make any difference to the plot of the book, or to the main character, Wade, until the last two chapters of the book.

Overall this book was pretty basic and very slow going until halfway through. Even then you have to be over 30 to really get a full understanding of all of the 80's reference info dumping. This book ended up with 3 stars on Goodreads, only because It had a lot of potential, but didn't meet expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment