Thursday, 11 February 2016

Beautiful Creatures | Review

The story with Beautiful Creatures is actually better than I expected it to be. Though I did think the pacing was a little off and with improvement, this book could be unbelievable. In general this book was easy to read and when things happened, they HAPPENED. Though again with pacing, it could be even   better. 

The writing was very easy to understand and read, helping to get through the book a little quicker (always a good thing right?) Although easy for me to read, it should be easy enough for a 14 year old to get through. The dialogue was sometimes cheesy, but for a book aimed at 14 year old's, what can I really expect? Overall though the writing does help.

I liked most of the characters except the ones we're meant to hate of course. Though I didn't find the cheerleaders to be very authentic. They are the stereotypical bitchy cheerleaders, but too unrealistic for my taste.

Overall the book was pretty good, apart from obvious pacing issues, though it still gets a solid 4 stars and can recommend for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment