Sunday, 29 April 2018

Thornhill | Review

This is about a young girl called Mary, she lives in care. All she wants is a friend, someone she can trust. Her story is told through her diary entries throughout the book.

There is another storyline from another girl called Ella. She lives across from Thornhill and her storyline is told years later through pictures. She is curious about the girl that lived in Thornhill.

The plot was good and I was glued to the edge of my seat while reading this, all the while wanting to find out more. It's a very quick and easy to read and was easy to get into.

The writing was very good and easy to read. I thought the dialogue was very well done in this and was very realistic, making the characters more realistic. This made the book come across even better.

I liked Mary, the orphan. I felt bad for her in the book. Though I do think she was too trustworthy throughout the book.

I liked Ella's curiosity too and liked that she wanted to help Mary.

There is a social worker in this that was nice to Mary but represented most of the care system pretty well. Mostly in that, although she wants and tries to help, not enough is always done to help the most vulnerable people in the care system.

So overall, a very good book and can recommend. I gave this 5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment