Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Paper Butterflies | Review

This book is about a young girl called June, who's mother died and father remarried who suffers abuse at the hands of her stepmother.

The plot is a difficult one, A dark one. It takes you to a dark place that kids can go when being abused by someone they should be able to trust. It's a weird one this book, as I can't say I liked it and can't say it's bad, though I couldn't stop reading.

The writing is basic, but that being said, it's from the perspective of a child, but it helps with the story and generally with the story too. Keeping it easy to understand and quick to read.

I could relate to June and loved Blister. he was a nice kid. Though the rest of the cast aren't really worth the air any of us breathe.

It's a hard one to judge as it's a good book, but different and difficult to call good because of the content. It's difficult, heart-breaking read that helps you understand kids a little and lets you see some of the signs of what could be going on, from bullying to abuse.

I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads and can recommend, but be warned it is difficult content and possibly triggering. Discretion is advised with all readers, teens and adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment