Caraval is about a young girl called Scarlett and losing her younger sister Tella in this strange place called Caraval a circus-like place where nothing is what it seems.
The story itself was just ok, but the beginning was pretty slow going, making it at first, hard to get into. The concept of the book was very interesting but lacked that extra sparkle and magic that similar books, like The Night Circus, had.
This was as expected with the reading, it was very simple and easy to read like most young adult fantasy. It could have been improved a little and helped the story along, which I think made me like the book a lot better.
I only ever cared about Scarlett and Julian in the book, although not perfect characters, by any means, the others all seemed second best and boring,
I would have thought the antagonist would have been made more prominent at the end of the book, making it more exciting to read to see his true colours and form.
In conclusion, I thought this book was just ok, With the right improvements it could have been spectacular, It could have been better than The Night Circus had it had the magic, sparkle and love that it desperately needed. So can only give this 2 stars in Goodreads and can't recommend.

No comments:
Post a Comment