Disclaimer: I received this book for free for an honest review.
I unfortunately didn't like this one. I found this book to be very confusing, I don't know if it's that It's an uncorrected proof or not, but it just didn't work. What I managed to read of this book, I only enjoyed half of it, if all of the book was like that, I'd have given it all 5 glorious stars.
I wish I liked this book more than I did. If only I liked the the 1930's part of the book as well as the '60's part. I loved Odelle and Lawrie and thought they were adorable and easily likeable, but I found the 1930's narrative to come out of nowhere and didn't really make much sense to me. Not that the characters weren't any good, I just think with the confusion I was disorientated enough to not really care.
I much preferred The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton which received a 5 star review. Unfortunately I didn't care for this one and can only give it 1 star (Goodreads). That's not to say it's a bad book, I just didn't care for it very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment