First things first, (stating the obvious) the book is completely different to the movie. It isn't particularly fast or slow paced, I think maybe because of the length of the book. Although very easy to get into I think your interest can dwindle, as mine did half way though the book.The writing is very easy to read, though I find some of the dialogue to be very unrealistic and very cheesy at times. Although for the most part was reasonable and was on par with the rest of the content.
Although the characters were interesting to read about, I didn't find any of the characters to be very realistic apart from Tristran and his parents. I found the antagonists to be lacking in that they weren't in the book often enough for me, but other then that they were OK.
Overall the book was just OK. There could've been improvement upon world building, character development and pacing. I have to say that the movie was far superior to the book, which isn't usually like me, but in this case it applies. This one gets 3 stars on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment