So this book revolves around three main character, Atticus, Scout and Jem. It takes place in 1930's Macombe where a trial, which Atticus defends Tom a black male who has been accused of sexually assaulting a young white woman. All while being told from the perspective of Scout.I found the plot of this book to be fascinating and generally a very enjoyable read. The pacing was reasonable, given that I was never bored and kept me interested throughout, Though at first it was a little difficult to get into.
Though not difficult to read, I did find the writing a little different and took a couple of chapters to get my head round. Though I think this is due to when it was written and the time it is set rather more than anything. Though it did help with the book overall.
I found the characters all to be fascinating and fun to read about. Although some were somewhat deluded, though I'll let you read it to find that out.
This was a great read and enjoyed reading from a young child's perspective and gave the story that childlike innocence that wouldn't otherwise be there. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who didn't have to read this at school, just because you won't have that added pressure and I think you'd love it. This book got a well earned 4 stars on Goodreads.
No comments:
Post a Comment