Thursday, 21 January 2016

Z - Minus | Review

I was asked if I would be interested in reading this novel and write an honest review – to which I said yes.

Although a quick read, I did find that the plot was lagging. I didn't find it all that exciting or original Which was disappointing. There is definitely better out there regardless of whether it's a children's, teen or young adult read. 

The characters are unrealistic, unlike-able and lack development. I found that Maisie was unconvincing as an 8 year old. I think the author needs to look at how 8 year old react to different things to make a larger impact and make me love her character. 

Her father on the other hand, was even worse. He was an alcoholic who beat his wife and children with an utter lack of remorse. Although there was slight development at the end, I found his character to be too much of a jerk to care.

I think that I might have to stick to things like this, that are much better quality such as, Zom-B by Darren Shan. Although a kids book, it isn't as bad a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment