I was hoping I'd like this as much as Fan-girl, but unfortunately it didn't live up to that expectation. Though for published fan fiction I can't say I expected much more (even when published by the author).
Some of the things in this book are pretty good. For example, the friendship and love type interests were written reasonably well. Then it started to fall apart.
The first part of the book was very slow and not much really happened, until a certain character is introduced. Even then most of the action happens all at once, leaving a gaping whole for any kind of action during the remainder of the book. The pacing on this could have been improved.
You don't really need to read Fan-girl before reading this book, though If you've read Harry Potter, you'll understand the references this book has.
Overall this book was a mix of just OK and meh, so I can push this to a 2.5 stars on Goodreads.

No comments:
Post a Comment