Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs is the third and final book in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children trilogy...the end of a wonderful series. I loved this book, it was a great conclusion. I love the Peculiar world, its so well developed and unique, and this book sees the Peculiars in London. Jacob, Emma and Addison are on the search for their missing friends and the ymbrynes who have been kidnapped by the Wights.
There were quite a few new characters introduced in this book, including Miss Peregrine's other brother Bentham, and mysterious tour guide Sharon. I really liked Sharon, at first I thought he was a bit untrustworthy but after a chapter or two he definitely grew on me. And by the end he was definitely one of my new favourites.
One of my favourite things about this series are the time loops, I'd love to be able to travel to different time periods like that, you could see some great places. This book was set in London, in the 1930s or 1940s I think(and present), and it was a really interesting time period to see. Devil's Acre was a creepy, mysterious place that definitely fit the Miss Peregrine's feel!
I really hope there will be more books set in the Peculiar world, even if they don't follow these characters. Its such a creative world to read about!

No comments:
Post a Comment